Thursday, August 19, 2010

To thine own self be true

I am 32 and I have been up and down.  I have gone through a roller coaster of a life and the younger me is very much different than the me of now.  I don't know if I would call it growing up or just defining myself as who I truly am.
I think that we all go through a stage like this in some ways.  I know some people take longer than others and some people they know from such a young age you wonder if they changed at all.
But one of the things I think of is the fact that I know what I love and don't love.

It is just sometimes I forget.

I have a quote board at school.  Once a week a new quote goes up.  Every Monday to be precise.
This is the one I started with.

I think that it is important to sit back and think about this every once in a while.  Because as I go through life watching movies or reading books or just watching other people I want to be various things.  Or I want to be various people.
But I know that ultimately a lot of those people aren't me and I am never going to be them.

So what I really need to do is sit back and remember to be true to myself.  What I love I love for a reason and I need to have my life revolve around that.

For me personally, that is God and faith.  Then softball.  Then music.  There are others that come close after and many things I enjoy.  But these are my top 3.
I need to stop thinking of other things in my life that don't seem to be as important and remember that what makes me happy is those things and those are what I need to do.  And I need to stop concerning myself with things that I sometimes think of but aren't one of my true loves.

As long as I put God first, then enjoy my softball I am going to have to make sure I leave the rest behind.  Those are my true loves and they have never let me down.

To thine own self be true.

Everyone should find their own selves no matter who they are and be true to what they are and stop trying to be what they are not.
That is what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment