Sunday, August 15, 2010

Acting and morals

I have been watching various tv shows tonight.  It seems like all the good shows are on at the same time on the same day.  If only they spread them out more......

I have seen a lot of kissing scenes today or even more passionate.  Good movies like X2 have been on and ok movies like Cocktail (which I do enjoy even if it isn't the greatest movie ever made) and unbelievable movies like Remember the Titans.  Remember the Titans doesn't apply here but it is a great movie and it was on.

I used to do some acting in high school and junior college.  I was in my share of plays and musicals and I enjoyed them.  I have done a couple kissing scenes before myself.
I found kissing someone in the musicals and plays rather awkward at times.  Part of the reason was because they usually had a boyfriend already and I didn't want them to have to worry about kissing another guy they didn't usually want to kiss.
It was acting and when you get into character and you also don't think of it that way usually because it is a part of being a thespian.

Watching today on tv seeing some of these scenes that actors and actresses have to go through it makes me realize why these people seem to fail in their relationships so much.

I watch these shows and I see some of these love scenes and I wonder how the spouses feel about this whole deal.  I realize that a lot of the couples are hollywood so they have their own love scenes to do but it gets a little ridiculous when you really stop and think about it.

I am so glad I haven't had to do more scenes with kissing and I don't think I would ever want to be an actor involving scenes like that because I would rather know that I am giving my all to my significant other.  All my love, all my passion, all my kisses and all my desire.
Even if you are just acting it is so much better to not have to worry about the physical aspect even in a relationship because I have always felt so strongly about cheating and how wrong it is in relationships.

I find myself pitying the people in the world that have to deal with these sorts of problems and I wonder if they understand how much they are missing out of at times in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment