Wednesday, August 25, 2010

spelling does count!

I know I am not a great speller.  But I am a decent one usually.  Sometimes I have to write things out to see if they look right or wrong.  And no matter what I make sure the words are correct after I have finished a sentence.

What in the world has happened to the spelling in the world?  I don't know when it started but bad spelling is driving me nuts!

I have no proof but part of me wonders if part of the problem is the tendency for people to abbreviate words.
LOL, TTYL, FYI, and others have become so common place in our society that nobody bothers to spell words anymore.  Other things like "U 2" instead of "you too" also are like this.
(to, too, and two are one of the ones that drive me nuts because it seems like more and more kids don't know the difference between them!)

No matter what the cause, bad spelling drives me crazy.  Do people not realize how dumb you sound when you cannot spell correctly?  Is it just me that is bothered by this?

I shudder to think of what business owners and managers have to go through when they look at applications.

Is the world really getting dumber or is it just becoming so lazy that it doesn't care about things like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment