Thursday, August 23, 2012

Charity Case

I read today that we often have way too much pride in ourselves.  Pride is not always a bad thing, but at the same time there are situations where having pride is horrible.  It seems like I always do stupid things and then I get down on myself for them.  This is nothing that other people don't do as well, I am not trying to make myself sound unique.  But the important thing is that I remember that I am a charity case for God.
Grace is free and freely given by God and I don't do anything to earn it.  We are always earning things in the world now-days.  You earn rewards or you even earn the bad things that happen to you because you act stupid.  I have earned many things on both side.
But while I have "earned" a trip to Hell after I die I don't have to worry about going there because God is my protector, my savior, and I am His charity case.  I didn't have to earn grace, it was freely given.  I didn't have to jump through hoops or say magic words or pay Him off for it; it is a gift.  I just have to swallow my pride enough to accept free grace and know that no matter how many dumb things I do I deserve to go to heaven because God wants me to.
I kind of like that thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment